Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A few updates...

I have been so busy with work I have not had much time to update!

I went to a lock-in at In Stitches in Alexandria and won a door prize, a Blackbird Designs thread winder box pattern with a few chipboard thread winders and a chipboard circle box.  I decided to spray paint the box a glittery silver and the thread winders each a different color of glitter paint.  Well, the thread winders peeled and the box was a bit misshapen, so I decided to go to Michaels and get a wood box with a hinge and magnetic closure and wood cutouts, and they all turned out great!  

I have sent the box and stitching to the wonderful Vonna, aka the Twisted Stitcher, to do the box top finishing for me.  I hope to have it back by the end of next week.  The picture had the stitching done in a red-colored variegated thread on beige fabric.  I decided to go with all black thread on a hand-dyed fabric.  Here are some pics.





I have done a tiny bit more on the Bothy Threads Alice In Wonderland kit.  


  And I have a spot on my wall to fill with a smallish piece, so I decided to stitch Heart In Hand's Always You.  


I have also been reading still.  You can check out my updates on Goodreads.  And of course watching my shows.  Two good movies I have seen lately, The Boy, which was creepy as hell, and Secret In Their Eyes with Julia Roberts.  I recommend both!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching on both pieces! Isn't Vonna wonderful! Can't wait to see what she does with your beautiful stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got the Always You pattern too. Trying to decide what color fabric to stitch it on.
    Can't wait to see what Vonna does with your wood box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm excited to see the box!

    ReplyDelete